Tuesday, July 2, 2024

Destiny and manifestation

It seems that my whole life was swirling into fruition to us owning this land. Every time I step foot onto it memories flash through of all of the time that I spent outside as a child, and how it saved me in so many ways. All of the magick and connection that I felt outside that I couldn't feel anywhere else, all wrapped into one burrito of 15 acres just for us. And every time we go back to the land, even three years in, I am finding new things to get excited about! Those moments of frustration and being overwhelmed are seen by the Universe and met with "Send her some hope, STAT!". I had to take a break from working on the land for a couple of weeks due to the high heat and me just being exhausted, but last night Woodchuck and I drove over there after he got off work so we could walk around together. He was on vacation all last week and was out there a few times while I worked. This week I am on vacation, but am focusing more on the house and resting (I was so tired after pushing myself through the weekend work schedule that I fell in the workshop yesterday morning). Mother Nature and the Universe, greeted me with many treasures!

                                Swamp milkweed! The first one I have found on the land! 👆
                                        Blue Vervain. I find more and more each year! 👆
                                                    Several more volunteer elderberry! 👆
Beautiful smelling roses! I'm thinking these are Prairie Rose (also known by other names) 👆
                                                                So much bee balm! 👆

                                And some hairy fungi growing on the watershed bench.👆

Woodchuck was very busy by himself out there last week! He finally got down to the bottom of the pile of felled trees! What started in the Spring of 2022 (or was it 2023? We couldn't remember 😕) was finally completed int he Summer of 2024!


                That look of his when we came after the fire department "burned" the trees 😑

                                                        And now it looks like this! 👇

                            He met a friend along the way. We are thinking it's a gray ratsnake. 👇


                        He also put up ceiling fans in the barn because it.is.steamy.AF in there 😰

There is another spin-off idea about how to proceed with living on the land. We went from starting to build our own custom designed house starting in the Spring of 2025, to waiting until the Spring of 2026, to now looking at a pre-existing house near the land. The building price quotes from the couple of banks we've been able to get in touch with are off the charts. Stay tuned! What an adventure!

Also, I am focusing again on art while I am off this week and have signed up for a market in Valparaiso, Indiana at the Edge of Liberty. I hope you'll come see me!




No comments: